It wasn’t a fun weekend to be a Bronco but the Horned Frogs came to Boise and earned the win. On top of that, there were a couple other upsets Bin the conference last weekend too. Here are this week’s Power Rankings:
Photo via zimbio.com
1. #19 TCU 8-2 (5-0) – Quarterback Casey Pachall and receivers Josh Boyce and Brandon Carter torched the Bronco secondary on Saturday accounting for 283 yards and all 5 TDs en route to a 36-35 win at Bronco Stadium. This week: vs Colorado State 3:30 PM ET – Versus
2. #10 Boise State 8-1 (3-1) – There’s no doubt injuries (Gavins, Taylor, Winn & Martin) played a role on Saturday but the Broncos simply didn’t make enough plays to win the game. This week: at San Diego State 8:00 PM ET – CBS Sports Network
3. Wyoming 6-3 (3-1) – Where would the Cowboys be without QB Brett Smith? The freshman QB threw for 139 yards, 1 touchdown and ran for another 75 yards and 2 touchdowns stealing a win at Air Force. This week: vs New Mexico 2:00 PM ET – The Mtn.
4. San Diego State 6-3 (3-2) – Depth at running back has become a real concern for the Aztecs. Ronnie Hillman is questionable (depending upon who you talk to), Walter Kazee is out for the season, after that it’s freshman Adam Muema and/or burning a redshirt off a freshman. This week: vs #5 Boise State 8:00 PM ET – CBS Sports Network
5. Air Force 5-5 (1-4) – Without signal caller Tim Jefferson, the Falcons managed to throw for -1 yard and turned the ball over 4 times against the Pokes. The Falcons now have to win their last two games to become bowl eligible. This week: vs UNLV 6:00 PM ET – The Mtn.
6. Colorado State 3-6 (1-3) – It’s hard to imagine Steve Fairchild being the Rams’ coach next year – CSU has lost five in a row and will likely struggle to win again this season. This week: @ #19 TCU 3:30 PM ET – Versus
7. New Mexico 1-9 (1-4) – Holy Lobos!! I literally had no idea New Mexico beat UNLV in the 21-14 until I stared writing this. Seriously, congratulations to the New Mexico coaches and players. This week: @ Wyoming 2:00 PM ET – The Mtn.
8. UNLV 2-7 (1-3) – Really, Rebels? You play Boise State tough for a half and then follow it up with a loss to New Mexico the next week? I’ve never been to University Stadium in Albuquerque but I don’t think it’s quite Tiger Stadium in Baton Rouge. This week: @ Air Force Falcons 6:00 PM ET – The Mtn.
How would you rank the Mountain West teams?