I post weekly power rankings for the Mountain West which has been rather mundane so I figured some Pac-12 power rankings might be more interseting.
1. #7 Stanford 5-0 (3-0) – Andrew Luck actually showed up as a Heisman contender last week completing 78.7% of his passes for 370 yards, 3 touchdowns and 1 interception. Expect some similar, if not better numbers on Saturday. This week: @ Washington State 7:30 PM ET – Versus
2. #9 Oregon 4-1 (2-0) – I know the Ducks have a loaded backfield but LaMichael James is averaging 170.4 yards per game – that’s ridiculous. Chip better hope he heals quickly. This week: vs Arizona State 10:15 PM ET – ESPN
3. #18 Arizona State 5-1 (3-0) – It’s hard to believe Dennis Erickson actually has his team playing to their potential. We’ll see if he has them ready for the trip to Autzen. This week: @ Oregon 10:15 PM ET – ESPN
4. Washington 4-1 (2-0) – Kevin Prince and the Huskies have been a pleasant surprise with a chance to start 3-0 in the conference before visiting Stanford next week. This week: vs Colorado 3:30 PM ET
5. USC 4-1 (2-1) - Matt Barkley and Robert Woods are quietly putting up big numbers for the Trojan offense but is Monte Kiffin’s defense good enough to help them beat the better Pac-12 teams? This week: Thursday @ Cal 9:00 PM ET – ESPN
6. Cal 3-2 (0-2) – The 0-2 conference start isn’t ideal for Jeff Tedford but the next five games are winnable (USC, Utah, UCLA, Wazzu & Oregon State). This week: Thursday vs USC 9:00 PM ET – ESPN
7. UCLA 3-3 (2-1) – Slick Rick temporarily quieted the critics with a 28-25 comeback win over Washington State last week. This week: Bye
8. Washington State 3-2 (1-1) – The Cougs blew a chance to start 2-0 in the conference but don’t have any time to feel bad for themselves with Mr. Luck coming to town. This week vs Stanford 7:30 PM ET – Versus
9. Oregon State 1-4 (1-2) – It was only a matter of time before Beavers woke up out of their annual early season slumber as they beat Arizona last week. They should have a decent chance at starting a win streak on Saturday. This week: vs BYU 4:00 PM ET
10. Utah 2-3 (0-3) – The Utes were considered a Pac-12 South contender but have lost QB Jordan Wynn for the season and started a disappointing 0-3 in the conference. Perhaps things will be a little easier taking on a
Big Easy Big East opponent Saturday. This week: @ Pittsburgh 12:00 PM ET – ESPN U
11. Colorado 1-5 (0-2) – Despite firing Dan Hawkins the Buffs are still terrible and could easily be 1-9 at the beginning of November. Good luck up at Husky Stadium Saturday afternoon! This week: @ Washington 3:30 PM ET
12. Arizona 1-5 (0-4) - The 0-4 conference start and losing to the previously winless Beavers sealed Mike Stoops’ fate in Tucson. Things are obviously pretty bad right now but the schedule should get easier. This week: Bye
How would you rank the Pac-12 teams?